Varied Hours M-F
Supports Medical Group staff by greeting patients, escorting patients, and ensuring hospital requirements have been met prior to patient, vendor, and/or visitor entry to the hospital.
- Assists patients in and out of vehicles, escorts or moves them to and from treatment areas (often by wheelchair)
- The transporter will greet people as they enter the facility
- The transporter will ensure that patients, vendors, and/or visitors entering the facility have met hospital requirements and are appropriate for entry
- Comforts patients and their families by offering support and encouragement, demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity
- The transporter will ensure that wheelchairs are always readily available
- The transporter may, at times, be asked to deliver paperwork, medical equipment, lab specimens, or other items to another area in the hospital
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements
- American Heart Association CPR or BLS (Basic Life Support) is strongly encouraged
- Required to show proof of having completed Mandatory Reporter Course at time of hire or attend within 6 months of start date
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed